Thursday, December 12, 2013

Blogmas 2013: The Holiday Dress

If you looked in my closet, you would never think that I am lacking in clothes. Off hand, I would probably tell you that I have maybe five or six dresses, but if I were to actually count them, there would probably be closer to two dozen. There's my little black dress, my Easter dress, some summer dresses, my Ponyo dress, my bird dress, and a bunch more. Unfortunately, nowhere in there is a holiday dress.

A couple of weeks ago, I needed a dress for Dan's award ceremony and nothing in my closet seemed to fit the bill. A young, festive cocktail dress. Afterward, I started the great hunt for a dress, I wouldn't be caught empty handed. This red one from Modcloth is so completely gorgeous.

The only problem is I don't have anywhere to wear it. My sister already had a Christmas party to attend and didn't have a dress so she borrowed mine. She wore it before me! One of my friends needs to bite the bullet and have a Christmas party already! I'll wear it like this:


And while this dress is very Christmasy and wintery, it could be suitable for warmer weather with some color blocking with some bright shoes, statement jewelry, tights, or a cardigan.

No comments:

Post a Comment