Well, let's start by evaluating what I had hoped to accomplish.
- Complete a 5K Color Run. Woot! Did that one! A+
- Renovate something in our house, like a bathroom or one of the fireplaces. When we started on the fireplace, the goal was to have it done by Christmas. That came and went. It's worse than pulling teeth getting Dan to make any progress on it. D+
- Complete a 10K run. I can't say I really completed it. That race was probably my biggest disappointment of the year. I should have trained more. I wasn't ready and I refused to admit it. I didn't put in the work and I failed. F
- Take a vacation, one of the sit-on-the-beach-all-day kind. Nope, no beach in my year. F
- Complete the Saguaro National Park 8 Mile Labor Day Run. After failing during the Cinco De Mayo run, I gave up running for a while. I couldn't train and I had the sense to know I was no where near ready to attempt an 8 mile run. F
- Attend the Nutcracker Ballet. Again, I let pulling metaphorical teeth get in the way. I wanted to buy tickets, but I didn't know what our Christmas plans were until maybe the day we left for Havasu. Dan just wouldn't give me a straight answer or any sort of decision. I should have just pulled the trigger, bought the tickets, and worked Christmas around them. I need to stop being afraid of stepping on toes and just let myself be happy for a change. F
- Buy tickets to a cocktail New Year's Eve party. Nope, that didn't happen either. F
- Make some more friends. This is one we actually made a bit of progress on. By hanging out with people every week at trivia, it's expanded our little group. It's only been two or three people, but it's about quality not quantity, right? A-
- Get out of the house more. If trivia counts, we did great! If it doesn't, we did terrible. C
- Communicate better. This is a tough one. I feel like I said a lot more this year. I was more vocal about my opinions and thoughts. However, I don't necessarily know that I was heard more. C
But not 2014. I'll officially be in my late 20's and I can't hide from growing up, sucking it up, and taking responsibility for myself. So, here's what needs to get done. Some big, some small, some from last year's list.
- Take better care of myself
- Get a new dentist
- Get a new doctor
- Go for more walks and hikes
- Wear more lotion and wash my face more often before bed
- Take up bellydancing again
- Take another crack at the Cinco De Mayo 10K again.
- Go to the Nutcracker Ballet
- Stop making excuses
- Finally buckle down and lose the newlywed weight
- Be more of a force at work
- Take a vacation!
- Contribute more to the house remodeling
I think this year is going to be great. 2014 definitely has potential!