Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Goals for 2013

Image Source
Rather than make resolutions for next year, I'm calling them goals. If anything, my one "resolution" for next year will be to get more done. To plan more things that I want to do and actually do them!

After observing the past year, there were a lot of things I wished to do, but either I chickened out, failed to plan ahead, or just didn't prepare properly.

Here's the things I want to do!
  • Complete a 5K Color Run
  • Renovate something in our house, like a bathroom or one of the fireplaces
  • Complete a 10K run
  • Take a vacation, one of the sit-on-the-beach-all-day kind
  • Complete the Saguaro National Park 8 Mile Labor Day Run
  • Attend the Nutcracker Ballet
  • Buy tickets to a cocktail New Year's Eve party
  • Make some more friends
  • Get out of the house more
  • Communicate better
And now for a recap of how I did on my resolutions for 2012:
  1. Be better at communication. Well, since this one's still on my list, I can't claim to have done that great. However, I am better than I was in 2011. C-
  2. Be more positive. While I'm still as positive as I'd like to be, I am better at identifying when I'm being negative and judgmental and I can keep it to myself. B
  3. Shave my legs once a week. Haha, no. D-
  4. Incorporate more vegetables into my diet. Now, in almost everything I cook from scratch, there is at least one serving of vegetables. However, I do need to put more of an effort into cooking more often, choosing the side salad instead of french fries at restaurants, and including more produce in my work lunches. B
  5. Hang out with someone once a week. If you count trivia, then A! Otherwise, I still need to get better at making friends and cultivating my existing friendships. B-
  6. Work out before work once a week. This one was never going to happen. F
  7. Put some effort into every outfit I wear. This one I've probably come the farthest on. I'm much better at dressing myself and looking put together. Simple and classic is better than cheap and "individual". A-
  8. Finish painting the house. We almost finished painting all the "easy" rooms this year. There are still the bathrooms, the front living rooms, the den, and the closets. The difference is that these rooms need more work than just paint. One of my goals for next year is to really start making progress on the more difficult portions of the house.  C
Another year full of small steps in the right direction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment