Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Blogmas 2013: The Round-Up

Last post of Blogmas! Woot! This'll be a two part post: one going over the presents I received and one going over how I felt Blogmas went.

First things first, the presents. Don't get confused and think I'm bragging (well, maybe a bit. It was a good year). It's mainly so I can look back in the future and remember what I received for Christmas 2013. Between Christmas, birthdays, Valentine's Day, and anniversaries, there are a lot of gifts in a year and it can be challenging to keep them straight. So let's go!

1. An infinity scarf and purse from my grandparents. Don't tell my grandma, but I'm going to return the purse since I've already got a good one, but I've always wanted an infinity scarf, especially a nice, light-weight one.
2. An embroidered cardigan from my in-laws. The detailing is gorgeous and since it's from my wishlist, you know I love it.
3. Some caramel heels from my sister. I haven't given them the full work-day test yet, but it looks promising.
4. A waist belt, also from my in-laws. Also from my wish-list. Is my mother-in-law secretly stalking my blog?
5. Glittery black Tom's from my parents (though probably just my mom). Casual and understated in the black, but shiny for a bit of personality.


6. The Saguaro National Park print I've been lusting after from my sister. Now to find a frame I like and a wall deemed worthy...
7. The curl-in-a-tor (or other ridiculous name) from my momma. It's such an incredible machine that makes curling your hair incredibly simple. Naturally, I'm too scared to try it out. Although New Year's Eve seems like a great reason to give it a shot.
8. The Sims 2 Apartment Life Expansion pack from Dan. You know, to screw up the little remaining free time I have. Should I go running? But my Sim is so close to becoming an evil witch...
9. A grease splatter guard for a variety of pan sizes from Dan. I don't really understand it, but the positive outlook is that he doesn't want me to get burned, right?
10. A dinosaur covered slanket from my father. A couple of Christmases ago, I sewed a dinosaur covered snuggie for him, so now we match.
11. MY MAGIC CRYSTAL GARDEN!!! From Dan. The most important part will be to now find a place to keep it where the cats can't get to it.
12. The redheaded girl with fish balloon thingies from my sister. See same dilemma as Number 6.


13. A woven wire bracelet from my mother-in-law. The craftsmanship is amazing. I can't say I'm a big fan of mixed metals, but this one works for me.


And did you notice how nice that picture of that bracelet is? That's because the grand finale was this guy:


14. A Nikon D90 with all sorts of bells and whistles I haven't figured out yet. I still plan on carrying my little pink point and shoot in my purse, but this bad boy is for all the 'pretty' pictures. Ones where the lighting is important and focus matters and I can haul twenty pounds of equipment around my neck.

And now for some thoughts on Blogmas as a concept. It was A LOT harder than I thought it would be. I blame a good portion of it on Thanksgiving being so late this year. It was hard to prepare much in advance so I kept putting off the big stuff and never got around to it. The point was to incorporate more Christmas in my life, not stretch out the little bits of existing Christmas to make it count more.

Granted next year will only give me one more day of a cushion, but I hope I can better prepare. I've already started writing down the things I failed to do this year in hopes of getting it done next year. I definitely could have done better, but for the first go, I'm OK with what I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment