Monday, June 3, 2013

Oh Hi! Ohio! Cedar Point

The week before Memorial Day, Dan and I travelled up to Ohio for his cousin's wedding. While it may have made more sense to travel the week of Memorial Day, we went up the week before for one single reason: so Cedar Point wouldn't be as busy.

Dan has always wanted to go to Cedar Point. He loves roller coasters and Cedar Point is supposedly the best park for insane coasters.


While Dan loves them, I can only stand the standard kinds of coasters. I gladly sat in the shade when he went on some of the bigger ones I don't have the inner ear for. More importantly, enjoying one of these while I waited.


If any place other than amusement parks sold these frozen lemonades, I would easily be fifty pounds heavier.

It was incredibly rainy, mainly from the remnants of the storm that destroyed Oklahoma. Dan got to go on most the coasters he wanted to, but at lunch time, it rained for about ten minutes and a couple of the big rides he yet had to go on closed down for the rest of the day.


During the ten minutes of storm, we did two very important things. First, we had lunch, splitting a basket of chicken fingers and fries (chicken for Dan, fries for me).


Secondly, we spent the extra five dollars and explored the dinosaur portion of the park. If you thought I'd be able to keep away from life-size animatronic dinosaurs, clearly you don't know me at all.


Dan's spirit animal: The Irritator. Get it? Hahahahah...
Fortunately, after a little bit, some of the rides started to reopen.


We finished up the day with some cut-outs and funnel cake fries.

Bitter Betty Brat and Soy Boy Dog

All in all, it was a pretty good day. Minus the severe sunburn I got from my sunscreen being expired. If we're ever back in Ohio, I'm pretty sure Dan will want to give it another go...

No comments:

Post a Comment