Friday, May 31, 2013

Fan of Friday: Week of 5/31/2013

Hello, my name is Carolyn and I am a nerd.

I've been embarrassed to admit it, but I've got quite a geeky obsession lately.


That's right. I'm currently racing through Star Wars expanded universe novels.

I had been checking them out from the library, but I started buying them at used bookstores because I don't want to be without them. I want to build up a library and these will apparently be my cornerstone.


So far, the only books I've read are based on characters established by the movies. Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, and Han Solo. Once I make it through all of their books, I'll start on the Old Republic stories or the stories about their kids. Or maybe I'll read the Han Solo and Lando Calrissian prequels. Who knows? There are so many stories to choose from when you're late to the game.

Part of the reason I enjoy these stories so much is that they don't waste a lot of time on imagery or character development. When I type it out, it sounds terrible, but you get what I mean, right? There aren't pages and pages spent describing Princess Leia or her relationship with Han Solo or what the planet of Coruscant looks like. If you don't know, watch the movies (and if you haven't seen the movies, why are you reading the book?)

It's professional fan-fiction, people. Get on the bandwagon! It's awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment