Wednesday, May 29, 2013

25 Facts About Me

And now for something completely different, 25 random facts about me!


1. I love dancing. I used to help teach a bellydancing class.

2. I have central heterochromia, meaning the center of my irises are orange while the outside is green.

3. Although it sucks that people think I only got my job because of my dad, I love working with my dad. We don't work on the same team, but it's nice to have someone who will always grab an extra piece of pie for you.

4. I flip off my computer when it deletes things, like the first time I wrote out ALL of this post. Thanks Blogger automatic saving, thanks a lot...

5. Someone secretly puts dinosaur toys in my mailbox and I freak out in happiness every single time.

6. I collect Nancy Drew books and actually have two first editions.

7. I'm a worrier and a planner. I'm always running through options and potential outcomes in my head. There is always a plan and a back-up plan.

8. I know it's narcissistic, but my favorite holiday is my birthday. If someone ever bought me a paper birthday crown, I would wear it everywhere and be so excited. 

9. Rubbing a cat belly is the holy grail.

10. I am very good at catching small objects, like Goldfish crackers and Starbursts. Cat-like reflexes for anything smaller than a quarter.

11. I don't have a lot of 'favorites': favorite food, favorite movie, favorite color. I'm too fickle to commit myself to one thing and get pigeon-holed.

12. I have a younger sister of who I am very protective.

13. I'm the only redhead in my immediate family. I have a redheaded aunt and my grandpa used to have red hair, but it's been white as long as I've known him

14. I watch Jurassic Park or any of the sequels whenever they're on TV, much to the chagrin of my family.

15. Although I am not Mormon, I lived in a Mormon apartment complex in college. It was great because there were never any rowdy parties.

16. I really love green olives.

17. When I was 10 years old, I accidentally ran over my next door neighbor on my bicycle. She was fine, but I haven't ridden a bicycle since.

18. I wouldn't care if about my fluctuating weight if all of my existing clothes still fit. I really need to print out a mantra that says something like, "Do you really want to eat that cookie or would you rather fit back into your green dress?" And the answer will always be the dress because it's a gorgeous vintage green silk number. More dress, less M and M's...

19. Singing way too loud in the car is my favorite guilty pleasure. I don't care if you drive past me and see me looking like an idiot, I'm having too much fun to care.

20. I've never broken a bone or spent the night in the hospital.

21. I could play The Sims 2 for days on end. DAYS!

22. My face is very dramatic. If I am pleased, I look estatic. If I'm annoyed, I look like I will rip your head off. If I'm tired, I look exhausted. Only video poker for me.

23. I hate being late for anything. If it's important, I always leave extra time and get really anxious if I'll only be on time, not early.

24. My favorite subject at school was Physics. My original major in college was 'Engineering Physics' until I switched it to the more practical and employable 'Mechanical Engineering' halfway through my first semester.

25. My first kiss with Dan was in a parking garage after he walked me to my car. Since he missed all the signals the previous times he walked me to my car, I told him I'd been having dreams about kissing him. He finally got the hint.

So now you know a little more about me. I'd say that explains why I'm so, um, odd, but that's just the tip of the iceberg...

No comments:

Post a Comment