Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Work Out Wednesdays: The Bad Days

There will be no numbers today. Why, you ask? Because it's been a couple of bad days.

When I started this series, I thought it would be good motivation. If it's out on the internet, someone might read it and someone might care, so I should try reaaaaaally hard. And that's still true, but it's a lot of pressure, too.

The good days are that much better. Yay! I'm proud of myself and now everyone else will be too!

But the bad days. The bad days are that much worse. And it's been some bad days.

I was doing so well before Thanksgiving. I was at my lowest weight in a long time, without extreme measures (cleanses suck). But then, a couple of bad days after Thanksgiving (I actually did pretty good at Thanksgiving dinner!) and PMS and I feel like I'm back at the beginning.

I've been working hard for four weeks and I feel like I'm back at the beginning. After four weeks of increased workouts and watching what I eat, my pants don't fit any better. I can run a little farther, but I feel the same.

I feel like I'm between a rock and a hard place. I can up my workouts and watch what I eat even more closely or I can accept the body I have now and throw in the towel. It's lose-lose. I don't want to have to think about food and working out all the time. I found this blog, Undressed Skeleton, and it's full of helpful tips, but I don't want the life of the writer. I want to go to the beach and eat ice cream. I don't want to know the caloric intake off every item on the Olive Garden menu. I don't want to eat my soup with a fork since broth contains sodium.

The only way I think I can move forward is to focus on what I want rather than the numbers. The numbers are important quantifiers but it's really not the reason I'm doing all of this, right? So, here are my goals (most of which I will probably need to quantify at some later date):
  • Eat less fast-food
  • Make more home cooked meals, less prepackaged food
  • Run 5k straight on the treadmill
  • Incorporate more fruits and vegetables into my diet
  • Be able to do a pull-up
  • Do 20 straight leg push-ups
I'm going to keep trying, at least until the new year. I need to keep trying and hoping that these last couple of days are purely a fluke. The next few weeks will be incredibly hard, but I am committed to trying. Maybe I'll even have completed a goal or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment