Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Blogmas 2014: Giving Back

In my efforts to get in the festive mood and feel the spirit of the holidays, I had forgotten that one of the most important things about this time of year is 'good will towards men'. To be grateful for what I have and give to people who are not as lucky.

My sister works with kids in foster care and she asked both my mom and me to sponsor a child and buy them some presents. I wish I knew the name of the kid I bought presents for, but I do know he's 16 months old and likes trucks.


I'm not a very charitable person and I'll go back to the regularly scheduled shallow Christmas posts tomorrow, so I have no place to get high and mighty, but take a second this time of year to think about what really matters to you. Do you really need another set of festive napkin rings or could that money give a smile to someone having a hard time.

Just don't think about it too hard while shopping for presents at Target or you experience a hurricane of emotions like I did. Only slightly embarrassing...

No comments:

Post a Comment