Friday, November 7, 2014

Fan of Friday: Week of 11/7/2014

I don't remember how I stumbled across 'The Lovely Side' blog, but it was a few years ago, back when the blogger, Jessica, was still in college and it was titled, 'Lovely Undergrad'.

Image Source
It's right up my alley. She writes about two main things: home decor and clothes. When you put it like that, it doesn't do her pieces justice.

Her posts on decor focus on breaking down rooms and determining why they work and how to improve them. It's mood boards and layouts and advice to others on their spaces.

It follows a similar pattern with her posts on outfits. While focusing mainly on office and work clothing, she breaks down building outfits in a very similar fashion to that of home spaces.

Also, I'm fairly partial to her blog because she's featured my ideas twice on it now. First, I submitted my wardrobe as a Mechanical Engineer and why they work. Second, she turned my comment about packing a suitcase of essentials when you're moving and rolled that idea into a whole post.

You can really tell when you read her posts how much time and effort she puts into dissecting and breaking things down. It's quite refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment