Monday, May 26, 2014

Project House Update: Mid-Century Modest

Going back through my past posts a few days ago, I realized I never gave an update on where our awesome mid-century modern find at an estate sale ended up.

For a few weeks, it continued to impede our entryway. However, it must have really been bothering Dan because I came home from work one day and it was gone. All on his lonesome, he moved it through the house and lodged it in the den.


{Sidenote: I'd show you much better the room as a whole looks with it in it, but all the junk that was around it was shoved just out of frame for these pics.}

Of course, I came through and styled it up a bit. Add some lanterns and candles I found at Target on clearance, cut down one of Star Wars posters and properly framed it, and rounded it out with my weapon of choice.


There's not much in it right now, just some loose, unimportant papers. I'm sure that over time, it will collect more stuff, mainly as we try to frantically clean before company.

One day, it will probably land in a future kid's room, but for now, I like its home.

No comments:

Post a Comment