Monday, May 19, 2014

Project House Update: It's the Little Things

While we have actually been making progress on the never-ending fireplace, I'll write up a full-post on that later in the week. For now, here's a couple of small upgrades we've made recently. {Sidenote: there were originally three upgrades, but one of them went a little sideways and I am currently embarrassed by it and trying to figure out how to make it still work.}

First of all, do you know how obnoxious woodpeckers are at six o'clock in the morning? We didn't until Dan finally got around to adding a chimney cover to the fireplace in our bedroom. Then, every morning, half an hour before my alarm was set to go off, CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG! I gave Dan three days to come up with a solution before I did.

When that deadline came and went, I ordered this guy (Sorry, the picture is a little blurry):


It's solar powered so its head creepily swivels. I should have taken a video of it. It seems to work well, but it is haunting and incredibly unnatural.

Also, after many years of living with a hodge-podge of dishes, we finally upgraded to a real, full set. Our dishes went from this:


To this:


It's just a plain white set of Corelle plates. There wouldn't have been any other style of plate that Dan and I could have agreed on. Also, I'm trying to curb my crazy by buying more neutrals.

And finally, this is kind of an upgrade, I suppose. Dan and I went to see 'Godzilla' this weekend (really good, by the by) and when doing laundry, we realized I have a Godzilla shirt. I bought it at a thrift store years ago and I just sleep in it since it's too big for my. It did, however, look really good on Dan.


I call that an upgrade. Looks much better on him than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment