Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Project House Update: Framing Darth Vader

After over a year and a half of being homeless and squatting in my closet, my Star Wars Japanese tea towels finally have a spot on the wall again!


When we first moved into our house, as a bit of a house warming gift for Dan (and myself), I ordered these awesome pieces of fabric. They hung above our bed for almost a year before we got around to painting the room.


We had hoped to find a bed quickly, find frames for the fabric, and hang them right back up. It took us another year to find a bed, but it had too tall of a headboard to hang them back up in their original location.



It took a while to find a wall that worked for them. Our house has two kinds of open walls: walls that are oddly narrow so you really only stack a couple of small pieces or giant blank walls where everything seems too small. That and these pale colors really don't go with the green of the living room (trust me, I'm already thinking about what color we'll be painting it next, and hopefully soon).

Eventually, I realized the only spot that made sense is above our weight-rack, where my butterfly kite lived.


It now lives in the den. {Sidenote: Yes, the den needs a lot of work. We'll get there, eventually, I hope...}


I'm so happy these are finally part of our home again. My favorite one is of the droids, but I love how contemplative Darth Vader looks.


And yes, I know the right one is a little higher than the others, but these frames are remarkably not all the same frame and hanging them was a giant pain in the ass.

So, this brings the Star Wars art count in the house up to three. And I've got an idea with something I want to do with my lightsaber...

No comments:

Post a Comment