Friday, August 16, 2013

Fan of Friday: Week of 8/16/2013

You've read The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, right? I mean, who hasn't? Heart-warming young adult novel about girls and their summer. Great book, except for the unfathomable idea that not only is there a perfect pair of jeans, but they are the perfect pair for four different girls.

Well, I've found those jeans. That's right, the mystical, magical perfect pair of jeans.

Karaoke Songstress Jeans by Judy Blue.


Mini review time!

Recently, on Modcloth, I was eying a cat blouse (because why wouldn't I?) and knew if I rounded the shopping cart up to $50, I'd get free shipping. After looking at a few different items, I came across these jeans.

I've never seen a product on Modcloth have such high reviews. Apparently, these pants are made with magic. I was hesitant, especially since they cost $49.99, but I am still testing the hypothesis that you get what you pay for. Once they arrived, I was so scared to try them on that they sat for days. What if I was the exception to the perfect pair of pants?


Clearly, I am not because I make these look good! (Diva moment, moving on...)

Yes, they are more expensive than the $20 jean I buy from Old Navy, but the quality is great. The denim is dark and thick (almost too thick, it is August so I'm roasting).

I can't believe I'm going to confess this to the internet, but I have a condition. It's called CPB, chronic plumber butt. My hips can't support pants properly and my butt likes to make an appearance. Not with these. The cut hits me right at the navel and does not budge. The top half inch folds over when I stand up from sitting, but it's nothing compared to worrying about accidentally half mooning your coworkers when adjuring a meeting.

Also, my second worst condition: MMT. Malignant Muffin Top. But not with these pants! I don't care what Clinton Kelly or Tim Gunn says, sometimes, even if your pants are 100% the correct size, you will have muffin top. At least I do because my pants have to attach themselves to my body somehow, right? So, maybe they don't eliminate it entirely, but it is at the most minimum I've ever seen it.

Anyway, I'm not kidding when I say I will probably only be buying these pants from here on out. I'm a convert.

No comments:

Post a Comment