Friday, July 5, 2013

Happy Birthday, 'Merica

Usually, July 4th is hit or miss for us. Either the stars align and we celebrate big or it's a quiet night that we enjoy from our own backyard. In the eleventh hour, it actually turned out to be a great day yesterday.

It was a relatively low-key day until dinnertime when we finally went to my favorite diner to enjoy a veggie burger, onion rings, and a big ole milkshake. {Sidenote: I really intended to take some pictures of our good old fashion American dinner, but we were so hungry that I forgot about pictures until there was nothing left.}

And for something completely different, here's some pictures of Dan looking silly on our way out of the diner.



After dinner, we headed over to the firework display. When I was little, we used to go to this golf course at a local resort and sit on the grass with some of our friends' families. It was an incredible view. Unfortunately, the last time they held their display was 2003.

So, imagine how surprised I was when the morning news listed the resort on their list of fireworks displayed. To be honest, until the fireworks started going off overhead, I doubted that they would actually happen. And we only had to run once from unexpected shot from the sprinklers. It was just like I remembered them.

It was a really nice way to celebrate the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment