Friday, November 4, 2011

Fan of Friday: Week of 11/4/2011

Yesterday, I just felt icky. That was really the only way to describe it. Icky. I was exhausted and crampy and had failed to bring any ibuprofen to work so I was miserable. Since Thursdays are my long days due to the lack of meetings, by 1 o'clock I was going insane. Head on my desk, trying not to breathe too loudly as to scare my coworkers, miserable.

Then brilliance struck: I would work from home. Since I had no more meetings and wasn't needed in the lab, why not work from home. And let me tell you, working from home is like the greatest thing ever! I've only worked from home once before and that was basically ordered by my manager when I returned from England (ahhh, jet lag). Anyway, once I changed into stretchy pants and was sitting on a sofa, the misery just melted away. And I'm not going to lie, I turned the volume up loud on my laptop so that if I *happened* to fall asleep on the couch, someone messaging me would wake me up.

It was just a little cat nap. Hahahahahahaaaha (Psst. I'm hilarous!)

And I wasn't a complete slacker, I managed to get every done that I needed to. But it's just so much better getting things done while "Ellen" is on in the background, sprawling on a sofa, with a snack in hand. I can't describe how upset I was this morning because I knew I needed to come into the lab. I've already adjusted to this fabulous new lifestyle...

I highly recommend it. It's the little things in life people!

No comments:

Post a Comment