Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Workout Wednesdays: The Cleanse Tea

Image Source
Have you seen this cleanse floating around Pinterest?

I swear I see it at least once a day on my daily Pinterest check-in. I usually ignore it, but then I found this: a testimonial of someone who actually tried out the cleanse. I was suddenly all ears.

After reading her assessment and review, I decided to give it a try. It was remarkably simple once you bought the dandelion root tea off of amazon (link). The only other requirements were diet cranberry juice, lemon juice, and a pitcher.

Here's how I made it. I poured 20 oz of boiling water over the tea bag every night. After letting it sit for a few minutes, I added the remaining 40 oz of water, the cranberry and lemon juice, and I let it chill in the fridge overnight. The next morning, I filled up two water bottles to take to work and drank one in the morning and one in the afternoon. When I got home from work, I drank whatever remained in the pitcher. Besides that, I just ate and exercised like I normally do.

It actually doesn't taste that bad. It tastes kind of earthy, but it's not bad. I didn't even notice the taste if I was eating something at the same time. It just tasted like really cold water. It always seemed to be colder than regular water for some reason.

According to the testimonial, the water weight would immediately melt off of me. The morning of the second day, I weighed myself and expected the two to three pound weight loss like the reviewer. I think I lost 0.2 pounds, maybe 0.4.

After a week of drinking this tea and eating normally, I lost a total of 0.6 pounds, saw no difference in my body, and had no adverse effects to the tea. It was really no skin off my back, minus the $8 I spent on the tea, but I was really hoping for a quick solution. It wouldn't have been a big deal if I'd lost five pounds of water only to have it come back a week later, but it would have been nice to have a trick up my sleeve if I needed to slim down in a hurry for a pool party or a known ex run-in or something.

Maybe this tea will work well for other people because it could be that I just don't retain much water (then why do I feel so puffy?!) or it works well in conjunction with starting a diet or exercise regime, but for me, it wasn't worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment