Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Hunting Antiques

The first Sunday of every month, a local elementary school hosts an antiques fair. {Sidenote: did you know these types of sales are called 'car boot sales' in Britain?} Once a month, the whole soccer field fills with cars and tents and the cafeteria is brimming with jewelry booths.



Even though it's usually miserably hot and dusty in the summer months, it's less crowded and much easier to get an amazing deal.

Like this absolutely perfect unicorn mirror I found for my sister. Haggled down to six dollars! Holla!


We've found some amazing pieces there in the past. Most of them have yet to be hung up because, as you know, the house is always in a state of disrepair, but I'll point them out as they go up. We've scavenged and collected maps, mirrors, a chest we use as a coffee table, Christmas ornaments, and a lot of old, but working, tools for Dan.

And most importantly, I found this.


If I had an inkling that Dan would have let me keep him, I would have snatched him up. I LOVE Elvis cut-outs, but that's a post for another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment