Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Yes, Deer

In most parts of the country, this probably isn't a big deal. This probably doesn't even count as a story. I don't care. I found it exciting.

I saw a herd of deer! Now, I must preface this with the fact that I think I've only seen deer in the wild once or twice before this. 


Aren't they pretty? There's only two kinds of deer in Tucson, white tail and Mule deer, and given the size of their ears, I'm pretty sure they're Mule deer.

Anyway, it was kind of a funny story. I was turning into my neighborhood after a run and there they were, in the middle of the road. (And yes, to get it out of the way, yes, I do drive to go running. I don't like running in my neighborhood.) They just stood there, like a bunch of deer in headlights. I drove slowly passed them so I wouldn't scare them.

After getting home, after a 2+ mile run, I ran inside to get my camera. Then, I ran furiously to see if the were still there, by the road. My huffing and puffing and panting and stomping as I attempted to see them should have scared them off. Fortunately, it didn't and I got a couple of pics.

Seriously, all Arizona deer must be ninjas for them just to roam around and me not see them. At least I know what to look for now, like blatantly standing in the middle of the road during broad daylight...

No comments:

Post a Comment