Thursday, February 21, 2013

Snow Day!

Snow is the most magical thing imaginable! Anyone who lives in a climate where it's just normalcy may disagree, but for this desert rat, it is utterly gorgeous.

Yesterday, the browns and tans of Tucson became clean and white. And more importantly, I actually got to witness the transformation with my own eyes. Yes, snow has stuck on the ground in Tucson in my lifetime, but it always happens overnight when the temperature is low enough to give snow a chance.

For the first time in my life, I stood outside, stuck my tongue out, and got a frozen face of some fluffy foreign substance.

Snow may now be officially my favorite thing ever.

I ran outside after my noontime conference call to see if my coworker's were exaggerating how much it was coming down.




My manager, being the awesome guy he is, declared it a Snow Day and gave us all his blessing to work from home to avoid the craziness of Tucson drivers before they get even crazier in the snow. I ran to my car not long after to find it had gained a chilly skin.


I didn't know how to get the snow off my window (rolling the window down and hoping it popped off was a VERY bad idea) so I drove home like this:


Once I got home, our backyard was so pretty! There's usually a lovely view of the mountains under that cloud of snow.


I brought some of it for the cats to enjoy, too.


After that, the snow started to melt and I thought that was the end of my first real snow day. That's why I was quite surprised when I finished up my run on the treadmill this evening to find this:


The snow was back! Two instances of the snow sticking to the ground in the same day? That is unheard of in these parts!

I hope I get to wake up in the morning and see the snow still waiting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment