Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A Frenzy of Cooking

Over Easter, we had house guests. And like the good hostess I am, I stocked the fridge full of food.

Now, a week and a half later, we've still got plenty of food that wasn't eaten and it's reaching the end of its shelf life. So, I'm stuck with a ton of ingredients that needs to be cooked, eaten, or frozen before I lose a ton of money on it. I've started cooking as complicated recipes as I can to use them up, but I'm running out of ideas.

I've still got:
  • 1 zucchini
  • 1 yellow squash
  • 1 2/3 cups heavy cream
  • Fresh basil
  • 2 blocks of extra firm tofu
  • 1 lb strawberries
  • 1 cantaloupe
  • A bunch of lettuce
  • Deli meat (not for me!)
  • Ricotta Cheese
  • A homemade loaf of rosemary bread
  • Half a cucumber (Update: I found another cucumber in there, so I have 1 1/2 cucumbers...)
Know of any recipes that use at least two of these ingredients?

No comments:

Post a Comment