Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A Day in My Life

So, here's what I basically do everyday. I figured I would write it down so, someday, when I've got pets and kids and a promotion and no time and no sleep, I can look back at my wonderful life at the age of 25 and laugh and laugh. This was all I did and I was tired all the time for no apparent reason?!?!? Hahaha...
  • 6:34 AM: Alarm goes off. Radio. Hit sleep button
  • 6:41 AM: Alarm goes off. Get out of bed. Sneak out without waking up Dan. Bathroom. Make oatmeal and pour a glass of milk. Turn on "Good Morning Tucson" and check in on Facebook.
  • 7:05 AM: Brush teeth. Wash face. Put in contacts. Lotion. Get dressed. Do hair. Apply make-up. Jewelry.
  • 7:45 AM: Rush to put shoes on. Throw a lunch together. Tell myself I'll be quicker tomorrow. Head to work.
  • 8:15 AM: Arrive at work. Check to make sure I'm not the last one in. Declare it a victory when I'm not. Check email and start my day. 
  • Work: Meetings. Check on machines. Fix machines that have inevitably decided to stop working. Maybe actually get some design work done if there is time. 
  • 10:00 AM: Snack at my desk. Usually some yogurt or a granola bar.
  • More work
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch at my desk. Typically left-overs from the night before, or a frozen dinner, or if we were really low on food, I head to the cafeteria to buy a pre-made salad and eat it at my desk. 
  • More work
  • 2:00 PM: If there isn't a meeting conflict, take a walk around the site with my dad. 
  • 2:30 PM: Snack at my desk. Maybe a piece of fruit or yogurt (if I hadn't had it in the morning).
  • More work
  • 4:45 PM: Head home. 
  • 5:15 PM: Arrive at home. Bring in packages that have been delivered for Dan during the day. Water my plants. Check in with Facebook again. Watch "The Big Bang Theory" reruns on TV. 
  • 6:15 PM: Start on dinner. Cook so everything is ready around 7. Watch "Wheel of Fortune" and feel like an old fuddy-duddy by how excited I get when I watch it. Contemplate signing up for their contest because I watch it almost everyday and I could totally win.
  • 7:00 PM: Eat dinner. Watch prime-time TV. More interneting. If I'm feeling ambitious, laundry, dishes, general cleaning and chores. 
  • 9:00 PM: Work out. (I only do this every other day, don't think I'm crazy or something.)
  • 9:30 PM: Shower.
  • 10:00 PM: Get ready for bed.
  • 10:30 PM: Crawl into bed and read.
  • 10:45 PM: Lights out. 
Yep, that's my life. It's a double-edged sword. I love having a routine because it's how I know things work beset for me. I'm most productive when my day looks like this. But at the same time, routines are just so boring, aren't they? I really should try to switch it up on the days I don't work out more often, but things like that cost money and I'm cheap and lazy and ...

No comments:

Post a Comment