Friday, February 17, 2012

Fan of Friday: Week of 2/17/2012

Floor naps.

I have no idea who this kid is.

Floor naps are the best. I'm really hoping I get to take a floor nap at some point this weekend.

Dan tends to take floor naps at my parents' house. For some odd reason, though, he can only sleep on the floor with his hands under his hip bones while lying on his stomach. It's the weirdest looking thing. It always looks like he was trying to violate himself in my parents' living room and just exhausted himself.

I took a floor nap under my desk once when I was a graduate student. I knew no one else had office hours at that time, so I locked the door, turned off the light, and curled up on the carpet under my desk for about an hour. That was a good nap.

It makes me wish I could somehow get away with having a nap under my desk at my current job. I'd need an office and to be George Costanza to get away with that one.

My sister is known for the amount of naps she takes. Sometimes, it's two or three a day. And it's not like she doesn't get sleep at night. She just really likes her naps. You can always tell when she hasn't had a nap yet that day, like a little kid. Sometimes she takes naps in her car in her parking garage between classes. Maybe that's something I could pull off. A nice car nap on my lunch break. Going to have to give that one some thought. Although security would probably wake me up to see if I was alive. She's said that's happened to her before.

Anyway, naps are great. Can you tell I'm a wee bit tired?

No comments:

Post a Comment