Thursday, November 24, 2011

The First Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving!


We survived hosting it for the first time and it appears, so far, that we've given nobody food poisoning. It was fun, but yeah, can't say I want to do this again. Sorry Mom, you can't make me!

But I am thankful for a lot this year. I'm thankful we have this awesome "vintage" house to host in. I'm  thankful my grandparents were able to attend (my grandpa will be 96 in a couple of weeks and my grandma will be 83). I'm thankful Dan and I both have jobs that we love in this crappy economy. I'm thankful my parents and sister live just up the street and I get to see them more often. And I'm thankful I have the world's most awesome pet, Turtle. There will be another post about Turtle soon because, well, let's be honest, I think a lot of people like reading about him more than me.

And I'm ok with that.

PS: Helpful Thanksgiving advice - make sure the roasting pan you borrowed from your mom fits in your tiny "vintage" oven BEFORE the morning you need to roast it...

No comments:

Post a Comment