Friday, October 14, 2011

Fan of Friday: Week of 10/14/2011

You know the rant I gave yesterday about my frustration with the internet? Well, I've been on the hunt for great blogs since then and I stumbled across an awesome one: The Concerns of Mindy Kaling.

Mindy Kaling is awesome. She is my favorite character on "The Office", one half of one of my guilty pleasures, Subtle Sexuality, and the only redeeming thing about "No Strings Attached" (well, I can only imagine since I'm not desperate enough to see that stinker).

A couple of years ago, Mindy started a blog called "Things I've Bought that I Love", written during breaks on set. It's basically her talking about stuff she likes and the anecdotes that go with it. Simple, yet genius.

Well, she's rolled that same vibe into her new blog while focusing slightly less on the purchases and more so on the stories. It's so well written and clever and I like to think that if I comment on her blog, it's kind of like I've actually met her. Ohhhhh, so now I finally understand why people like Twitter so much.

Best part? She's a frequent poster. I can't tell you how much it bugs me to find a great blog and they post like three times a month. (I'm doing better on the frequency, now if I could only improve the content...)

Anyway, give it a once over and I promise you'll be just as addicted as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment