Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Happy Ten Year Anniversery Vegetarianism!

I am a card carrying vegetarian. I have been since about three weeks before my first week of high school. It started as a challenge to not eat meat until school started. Purely a test of will power, it's lasted ten years.

People like to ask me why I went veg and they usually seem confused when I don't give them a straight answer. Do I really need a straight answer? I value all life, it's better for the environment, it's healthier, blah blah blah... It's all true, do I really need to pick one? Why do people feel the need to explain something they don't understand with clear cut logic?

Anyway, before I get too rant-y, part of the reason I am able to maintain my willpower is because I know I will eat meat again someday. I plan on giving myself a meat reprieve when I get knocked up and while that will be five to seven years in the future, it's enough to keep me from punching someone when I smell bacon.

In honor of my anniversery, here are the five things I miss most:

5. Bacon. Any bacon. Crispy, greasy bacon.


4. Thanksgiving dinner. Turkey and gravy, mmm...


3. Meat Lover's Pizza. Pepperoni, sausage, canadian bacon!


2. Baby Back Ribs. Fall off the bone, barbeque sauce all over your face ribs.


1. Famous Sam's Hot Pastrami

1 comment:

  1. Wow ten years!
    That is awesome, CONGRATS & keep it up!

    ReplyDelete