Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Blogmas 2014: This Ain't No Ugly Sweater

One of my big goals this holiday season was to get the perfect holiday sweaters. Ideally, I'd end up with two: a 'cute' winter, knitted sweater and an 'ugly' Christmas sweater. While I have yet to find the perfect 'cute' sweater, I have the PERFECT 'ugly' sweater.

My friend Rebekah was obsessed with ugly Christmas sweaters and kept sending me all the great ones she found. In a sad twist for her, but a great twist for me, she bought her sweater before she found this beauty.

Image Source
IT'S A JURASSIC PARK CHRISTMAS SWEATER! If you can't tell from the picture, it's a T-rex holding candy canes who is about to eat Santa on the toilet, a la the first Jurassic Park. And I can't believe I didn't notice until now the green pterodactyl.

There is no level of excitement and caps lock can explain how happy this sweater makes me. I don't know why I waited almost a week to buy it, but it arrived yesterday and it is now my favorite article of clothing.


It's remarkably well made and well fitting on me for a $30 men's sweater. The trees are knitted, not printed and the knit is clingy enough that you wouldn't necessarily think it's a men's sweater.

Besides Rebekah's ugly sweater party, I definitely plan on wearing it my last day of work this year. Nothing like an amazing Christmas sweater to make all the other engineers jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment