Friday, November 14, 2014

I Love Lamp

At the beginning of the month, Dan and I hit up our local antique's fair. [link] For the past few months, we usually come home empty handed. It tends to be the same kind of stuff over and over and while it is interesting to look at, there hasn't been anything that really popped out at me.

This time was different, though. One of our favorite booths had this awesome lamp. A talk brass floor lamp with five arcing arms. Almost identical to the one below.The main difference is this one isn't really shiny anymore. It's got some wear and patina, which makes it look more vintage, less 80's.

Image Source
I wish I had taken a picture of the actual lamp at the booth, but I figured that wouldn't help with any negotiating. I'd seen it in their booth back in October, but didn't say anything at the time. I had given it a once over, but Dan laughed it off. It was fate for it to still be there. It needed to be mine.

One of the ladies at the booth told us her husband would probably sell it for $100. The husband told us he'd let it go for $80. We walked away, then came back and offered him $60.

Then Dan and I walked our giant new lamp home. 

For now, it sits in two pieces in our torn apart living room. It will live in that room once we've finally finished the fireplace, but it's too large for any other space.


Once the room is completed, I'd like to move our sectional into it and position the lamp behind it, kind of like this:


Just image a lamp and a sectional in place of this cheap Target lamp in the corner of our living room.


I really can't wait until I can actually put all the things that are supposed to go in this room in their rightful homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment