Monday, October 20, 2014

Tucson Meet Yourself:2014

Every October gets crazy in Tucson. It's our one month of Autumn so absolutely everything happens at the exact same time.

Usually the highlight of this insanity is Tucson Meet Yourself. Somehow, though, I forgot about it this year. Thankfully, my friend David reminded me and we organized a big group outing to fill ourselves to the gills with food from all over the world.


For those not in the know, Tucson Meet Yourself is a cultural festival that takes place annually in downtown Tucson. It's three days of musical performances, crafts, and food stalls celebrating the diversity of Tucson.

The nickname of the event is 'Tucson Eat Yourself' because everyone who goes does so mainly for the food. It's ridiculously cheap and the portions are huge. If you aren't stuffed by the end of the night, you did something wrong.

In order to keep track of how much we ate, I took pictures of everything we had.

Potato and Cheese Pierogis
Dan's Chicken Adobo
Vegetarian Pancit
Hawaiian Ice, Dan's favorite
Pineapple Ginger Juice
Freshly made Cinnamon Sugar Mini-Donuts
It's also a great place for people watching. Where else do you see an almost pirate with a giant macaw?


It's so much fun every year. I would have been incredibly sad if I had missed it. A reminder will be set in my calendar from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment