Monday, October 27, 2014

And Now I Can Say I've Been to Twin Falls

Three trips in three months. Geez. First, Calgary in August. Then, England for the third time in September. And now, at the beginning of October, the exciting town of Twin Falls, Idaho.

Since I'm a horrible person and was kind of fed up traveling with my coworkers, this trip was awesome because it was solo. Just me. It created a whole bunch of fun new stressors like driving a rental car and navigating a new city all by myself, but those sorts of things just make you stronger.

And it was a near flawless trip. All my flights were on time. I never got lost. No one lost any of my reservations. The robot set-up had no problems. It was awesome.

Since there wasn't much to do in Twin Falls, I spent my little bit of down time eating at great restaurants and taking in the river and the falls.

This was my view from Elevation 486, a fancy restaurant on the Snake River. I ate baked brie and butternut squash ravioli while enjoying the colors of the canyon during sunset.


On my free afternoon, I traveled up to Shoshone Falls. There wasn't much water following over the falls, but the leaves were just starting to change.




And to prove I didn't just google "Shoshone Falls", here's one with me, too.


That night, I ate myself nearly sick at Jaker's, watched hours of 'Love it or Leave it' on cable (which I don't have), and tried to get to bed early for my ridiculously early and my ridiculously small flight out of the Twin Falls airport the next morning.

My nerves were on fire of three days straight because I was on my own. So many things could have gone wrong, but I had so much fun. It was an adventure, ableit a small one. Who knew you could have so much fun in a tiny town in Idaho?

No comments:

Post a Comment