Friday, August 30, 2013

Fan of Friday: Week of 8/30/2013

Last weekend, Dan had all sorts of things going on. I, on the other hand, had absolutely nothing going on. Cut to me, sitting at home on a Saturday night with nothing to do and no one to answer to. What is a girl to do?

Cozy up on the couch and start a marathon of all the horrible, girly movies that I would never make Dan suffer through.

After combing through the archives of Amazon Prime and only coming up with the terrible movie, "Abduction", starring Taylor Lautner, I took it in completely the opposite direction.

X Files marathon, starting all the way back in good old 1993.

Image Source
I can't say I ever really got into the X Files when it was airing. After it had ended, I watched many episodes on reruns, but the arching stories never really took root because they were never in order.

So, last Saturday, I started at Season 1, Episode 0. It's utterly amazing how dated it looks now. Not the sci-fi elements, but the clothes and the technology. In one episode, there was a fire and all their evidence burned and I kept thinking to myself, "Why didn't you email it to yourself?!" Ahh, early nineties. And the power suits Scully wears. Talk about the actual monster of the week.

I'm making slow progress, only about half of season 1 down. However, with over 175 more to go, I should be able to fill some TV time until the new fall seasons of shows still on the air start back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment