Monday, February 11, 2013

Color Me Rad Run

Sunday morning, my mom and I started out like this:


and ended up like this:


It was a fun run and we ran the entirety of the 5K, but it was a tough run. There were five different color stations, both dry dye and wet. {Sidenote: I'll have more photos to update in a couple of days once the official race ones are posted online.}

I'm glad we did it, but I don't know if I'd do it again. The $50 registration fee, the fact that the shirt that came in the packet was black so I had to buy a different white shirt to stain, and the fact that the packet pick-up was about an hour drive away means that "Color Me Rad" isn't high on my favorites list. I've heard that "Color Run"s are better, though, if you are looking into running one.

As I said before, it was a "5K", but it felt like much longer. So, I plugged the route into Google Maps and guess what? It was 4.1 miles, not 3.1. I can officially run 4.1 miles! That's insane! One step closer to my next goal of running a 10K!


At least I can cross it off my resolutions list!

No comments:

Post a Comment