Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Deciding a Direction

It's been a while since my last post. Not just because every waking moment seems to be spent wrapping something in newspaper and putting it in a cardboard box in preparation for the big move this weekend. It's mainly due to the fact that I don't know what to post.

I've got writer's block. No, it's worse than that. I've got blogger's block.


Since beginning this blog a couple of months ago, this has been my outlet for saying all the things I normally don't say out loud. I ramble on about the things bugging me, create how-to lists, make celebrity observations, and, in general, just write about whatever is in my head at the moment. I haven't given much thought to what I put out there. It's just been my outlet to get it out.

Well, after two months, apparently I've gotten the majority of the babbling out of my system. But now, I'm addicted to blogging. I love the feeling when inspiration hits me and I can actually articulate it.

So now, now that cleared out most of the rambles and the babbles, I'd like to establish some sort of direction. Some sort of theme. And for this, I looked to some of my favorite blogs for inspiration. After analyzing my favorites, they seem to fall into two categories: ones based on personal stories and ones with a specific focus.
  • This Fish: I love reading about Heather's adventures. She has the ability to make the most inane tasks incredibly riveting. My life isn't that interesting and I lack the skills to convince you that it is.
  • Already Pretty: Sally can make anyone feel like they can dress well. She gives fashion such a positive, healthy spin. I wish I could write half as well about anything as she can about styling and self-image.
So, as I see it, I have two options. I can either get a much more interesting life or I can develop an expertise in something. Actually, both would be kind of awesome.

With all the things going on in the next couple of weeks with the house, hopefully things will be more interesting. Also, I will try to focus more on the topics that I've gotten the most positive feedback on: celebrity tidbits and relationship pieces. It's going to be a weird combination.

In a couple of weeks, let's just hope some sort of definition or direction has emerged. Any comments as to how it should develop would be greatly appreciated...

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to hear more about the robots you work with-but I had the same problem you are describing, I posted about it as well http://www.gweenbrick.com/2011/06/sale-on-ideas.html
    I think the blog ideas come and go but good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete