Saturday, August 13, 2011

5 Things I Don't Understand


1. Why the "Good Morning America" ticker ALWAYS gets the temperature wrong
Just because I live in Tucson doesn't mean you can say the current temperature is 99 degrees every single morning. It's 7 o'clock in the morning. It's not 99. Nope, even on the hottest days. Just plain wrong. The first time I noticed it, I just chocked it up to being a type, but we're going on three weeks of this people. Come on meteorologists! I'm not even asking you to predict anything! Just look at a thermometer!

2. Drunks
I understand having a social drink or two. I don't understand having so many drinks that you can't remember what happened the next day. I don't understand drinking to the point of vomiting all over yourself. No, no one is more articulate when they're drunk. No, no one is sexier when their drunk.

3. My order of doing eye make up
For some reason, I always apply cover up under my left eye first. Then, when I do eyeliner, it's always the right eye first. Then, afterward, mascara goes on the left eye first. This is my pattern every. single. time. I have no idea why, but it must be done this way.

4. Passive-aggressive statuses on Facebook
What's the appropriate response when someone posts something like, "Sigh, I guess I know who my friends are now"? You know they only want someone to ask what's wrong, but every time they answer with "I don't want to talk about it here". No, you just want attention and sympathy and want someone to call you so you can whine to them. I think your real friends are the people who showed enough restraint not make snarky comments to your desperate initial post.

5. Fast Zombies
What's the point of fast zombies? Why would you want to take away the one vulnerability of them? I guess you could try to outsmart them or take our their legs, but why make them fast in the first place? Ugh, I HATE zombies. I don't know why they bug me, but they definitely bug me the most out of all the horror creatures. I tried watching "The Walking Dead", but after the pilot, I had such bad nightmares, I had to vow not to watch anymore. Anyway, at least with slow zombies, you can run away, get some distance, and then come up with a plan or find a big stick. I do not appreciate you Zombieland, 28 Days Later, and Dawn of the Dead (2004). And besides, George A. Romero, creator of zombies says fast ones aren't possible: weak ankles!

No comments:

Post a Comment