Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Hey Batter Batter

For my sister's birthday, she had a little get together at a bar. But not just any bar, a bar with batting cages. Who thinks of these things?

Anyway, the food was amazing, the drinks were strong, and the batting cages were cheap, so it was a great night.

My sister, who I lovingly called Sailor Jupiter all night, even batted in her brand new nautical dress from our mother. {Sidenote: apparently I meant Sailor Mars. She looked like Sailor Mars, not Sailor Jupiter. I don't know why this is important to me, but it really just is.}

Please excuse the poor quality of the pictures. It was dark, through a chain-link fence, with my phone.

She did pretty good, all "A League of Their Own" style.


There's something you should know about Dan. His natural athleticism dazzled me when we started dating. He could do just about anything with no effort.

But we never tried baseball, which was probably a good thing. He tried very hard, but it is not on the long list of things that come naturally to him.


And wouldn't you know it? No one took a picture of me having a go at it. Would you believe it's because I was so awesome they were awe-struck and too distracted to take pictures? Yeah, I wouldn't either. But I did manage to make contact a couple of times, so it wasn't a complete failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment