Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Young, But Smart

Have I mentioned before that Dan through a massive coup and became the home owner's association president? And when I say "massive coup", I mean no one else wanted it and he volunteered. The only reason I get to call it a "coup" is because Dan believes it will be much easier to get the design for his MASSIVE shop/garage passed if he's the president. But that's just between you and me...

And since Dan is now the president, you know what that makes me, right? The First Lady! And like any First Lady, it means I'm in charge of all the parties and such.

As a nice gesture as the newly elected First Lady, I volunteered our house for the next meeting, which was to be a pot luck six months away.  

That was six months ago. Uh oh.

Things you should know:
  1. I've never hosted a pot luck. I've hosted a party before, but that's easy. You know that you need to supply everything. But with a pot luck, you have no idea what people will bring. I didn't even know how many people would come! Am I supposed to supply wine? Couldn't I just get by with a cooler full of sodas?
  2. Everyone in our neighborhood is old. I believe all of them are old enough to be my parents and a large percentage are old enough to be my grandparents.
It's probably not that big of a deal, but especially through my job, I've learned that it can be so incredibly hard to get people to take you seriously when you're so much younger than them. This "respect your elders" thing has gotten out of hand, guys. It doesn't mean you know everything and I know nothing.

Anyway, as you can clearly tell, it gets under my skin. While there's not much I can do about it, the one thing I can do is plan an awesome outfit. I'm not exaggerating when I say I've been contemplating my outfit for this stupid party for weeks. 
Here's what I came up with: 

Young, But Powerful

I think it's a good balance of young, trendy pieces and classic, pretty pieces. 

Hopefully, it will help endear me to all the old ladies. That is until I open my mouth, of course. I'll let you know how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment