Monday, May 27, 2013

Gilmore Girls Lied to Me About Connecticut

In a whirlwind 48 hours last weekend, I took Connecticut by storm. And by storm, I mean I went there and there was a storm and I didn't really do anything but work. Here's a little summary of how it went.

Friday:
4:30 AM PST - Wake up, get ready, and head to the airport.
6:30 AM PST - Get on a plane for Atlanta
2:00 PM EST - Grab some lunch and jump on a plane for Hartford
5:30 PM EST - Land in Connecticut, check in to the hotel, grab some dinner.
9:00 EST (6:00 PM PST) - Crash asleep

Saturday:
5:30 AM EST (2:30 AM PST) - Wake up
6:30 AM EST - Breakfast with the people we'll be working with
8:30 AM EST - Start repairing robot
10:59 AM EST - Finish fixing robot like a boss. Only two and half hours It did result in a painful blister on my right index finger and a cut on the back of my middle finger, but it was worth it to get it done that fast.



3:30 PM EST - Finally get to leave the site. Other people were working on other stuff. I sat by with my book and tried to make the most of it. You know, on an uncomfortable raised floor. Quick tour of the cool part of the site we didn't get to work on.


4:00 PM EST - No break for lunch, but now time for an early dinner with the guys we worked with.
5:30 PM EST - Relaxation at the hotel
7:00 PM EST - Drive around to find a place for some dessert. Mmm, strawberry shortcake sundae at Friendly's.
9:00 PM EST - Crash asleep again.

Sunday:
5:00 AM EST (2:00 AM PST) - Wake up and check out of hotel
8:30 AM EST - Board flight to Minneapolis
10:00 AM CST - Board flight for Tucson
12:30 PM PST - Finally arrive home
1:00 PM PST - Nap
4:00 PM PST - Mother's Day with my mom.

It was a long and tiring weekend. I got up the next morning, bright and early, and headed on into work. Sorry the format for this post is kind of lame, but I somehow am still recovering from that exhausting trip and I don't care to put in any more effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment