Friday, April 26, 2013

Fan of Friday: Week of 4/26/2013

You know what I found recently that absolutely every other person on the planet has already found?

Image Source
COFFEE!

Truth be told, I don't like the flavor of coffee. I don't. However, a couple of weeks ago, my cousin stayed with us for a few days. Being the good hostess I am, I bought instant coffee and creamer for her because she's kind of an addict.

Once she left, there was still some left over so I tried it. I found out that when you drown it in low-cal creamer, coffee isn't half bad.

The problem arises that I can't handle caffeine at all. And when I say at all, I mean, I really mean at all.

But I got so much done that first day. I was focused during every meeting, I raced around the building getting things done, I was on point and sharp all the time. I ran for three miles, no problem.

However, I was also racing all night long. No sleep for Carolyn after barely a cup of coffee 16 hours prior.

I got smart, though. I went to Target and bought a big tub of instant regular coffee and instant decaf. Depending on the day, I can ratio the amount of caffeine I need to get through it.

It makes me feel like a big girl when I walk into work with my cup of coffee to start the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment