Monday, December 17, 2012

Santa Loves Me

I've been quite busy lately (and not documenting it well), but it's time to start playing catch-up. Mainly because I am finally off of work for the rest of the year!

Last Saturday was my work's end of the year party. They rent out a local mini-golf course for the morning and everything is free. Granted, every year, it's the one day that it's rainy, cold, and miserable. Dan and I always manage to have fun anyway. And because my dad works for the same company, my parents and sister get in on the action, too.

My dad got three hole-in-ones and will probably never let us hear the end of it.

The highlight of the morning, though, was getting to see Santa. Why so exciting? Because this is no ordinary Santa's helper. It's my coworker Jerry and his wife. I love Jerry. He's so good to me. We don't work in the same department, but he always tracks me down once a week to check in with me. Such a sweetie.

We patiently waited in line to see him. When we finally got our turn to see him, he kept trying to insist that I sit on his knee. This is me reacting:


I'm not going to be THAT girl at work.

We decided to reenact the majority of the photos we had from childhood with Santa: scared out of our minds.


But we quickly warmed up to him.


He's my favorite Santa. 

Afterward, my mom and I DDRed it up in the arcade. You know you're out of shape when you get out of breath from stomping around on a giant controller. Even ten years later, it's still really fun.


And some other random highlights...

Living in a tiny town
Destroying said tiny town
Yet another hole-in-one
Feeding ducks

No comments:

Post a Comment