Saturday, November 19, 2011

A Fabulous Saturday

I don't know about you, but today was a pretty good day. An especially good Saturday.

With the craziness that's been going on with both my job and Dan's (he's finally back in town!), we rarely get a restful weekend. And this weekend definitely will be.

As Dan slept off his late night flight, my mom and I met up to cheer on the El Tour de Tucson riders as they rode past our neighbor. It's a 100+ mile bike race around the entire city, totally screwing up traffic for hours. I was resigned to the fact that I probably wouldn't be able to drive anywhere today because the race ran right up my street. So, my mom packed up some fold up chairs and we walked to a good corner and clapped for each bicyclist.

We were doing a really good job cheering for about half an hour when the cops started packing up their traffic directing stuff and told us that was the last of them. No more cyclists. Slight fail on our part, but at least we got to see some of them.

The rest of my day involved watching PBS cooking shows, doing some gardening in both the front and back yards, following Dan around annoying him because I had all this pent-up annoyance to unleash, "Sweet Home Alabama" on TV, and an accidental nap.

And most importantly, in 15 minutes, I will be eating the vegetarian version of this:


Paula Dean's lasagna soup. Note: if making the vegetarian version by subbing in fake meat for the ground beef, it will become meat particles floating around in the soup. But it still tastes good!

No comments:

Post a Comment