Wednesday, October 19, 2011

To Put it in Words

I was reading an article about being dumped because the guy was looking for "bliss" and she didn't understand what that meant. I know. I've been trying to describe it for years and I finally figured it out today.

     Bliss is the feeling in a relationship when you strip away all the
     effort. When you aren't arguing about something, when one of 
     you isn't trying to seduce the other, and you can just sit on the 
     floor, eating mac and cheese, watching a rerun of "Everybody 
     Loves Raymond". You aren't worried about anything, you're just
     happy and you're together. It's the happy feeling you have when 
     you aren't actually thinking or feeling anything in particular. 

Here's hoping everyone else knows what I'm talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment