Friday, October 28, 2011

Fan of Friday: Week of 10/28/2011

Guess what I'm doing all weekend? Baking!

Saturday is my dad's birthday and while he's out of town until really late Sunday, I'll be baking cookies for his birthday. All he told me he wanted for his birthday was a basket of cookies. And all of this stems from his jealousy of my basket of cookies. Kind of a long story...

You know all the drama we went through in buying our house, especially with our bank, Chase? After all was said and done, they sent us a survey to rate our experience and let me tell you, I don't think I've been so excited for anything in my entire life. I was ready to let them have it.

First mistake Chase made: our loan agent tried to manipulate us into giving him a better score. He told us that it wasn't really a rating of Chase but a rating of him. Well, he was like 80% of the crappiness of the experience so he really didn't help his case.

Second mistake Chase made: on their survey, 'Average' is a 5. I don't know about you, but to me, 'Average' is a 7 given years and years of a 'C' being average. I probably would have given them 6's and 7's, but the experience was definitely below average so they got 4's and 5's.

Well, about a month after the survey, once we've completely moved into our lovely dream home, the package arrives for Dan. It's a huge box and I didn't recognize the sender. I assumed it was a housewarming present from one of his relatives or something. Well, he came home and he unwrapped it while I read the note. To summarize:

     "We're sorry your experience at Chase sucked. We apologize with this giant basket of
     cookies and brownies. We hope you'll still use us in the future and recommend us to
     everyone you know."

Umm, no. Not going to recommend you.

Anyway, so now I plan on baking all weekend. And becuase it's fall and he loves peanut butter cookies, there's an obvious theme. Now to find a basket that will fit it all...

Reese's Rice Krispy Treats
Peanut Butter Cookies and Cream Spread
Oreo Pops
Monster Munch Popcorn
Rolo Cookies
Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies






No comments:

Post a Comment