Friday, July 1, 2011

Fan of Friday: Week of 7/1/2011

Last weekend, the hubs and I decided to make it a date night. After a yummy and grease-filled dinner at our favorite 50's diner (mmm, milkshakes...), we caught a showing of Conan O'Brien Can't Stop at the local indie house.

It was a really interesting movie. I suggested it to Dan because he loves stand-up comedy and I just expected it to be a lot jokes and gags. However, it was more about the stress he was going through with losing his dream job, finding a way to still be relevant, and dealing with the exhaustion of a tour.

The behind of the scenes of the tour reminded me a lot of a wedding.
  1. You're prettied up within an inch of your life
  2. You have to smile and take a lot of pictures with people you really don't know
  3. And by the end of the night, you're completely drained and looking forward to just falling into bed, regardless of how much you should want to stay up and do other things.
While I don't know if I could go back that I'd pay $7 again, but it's definitely worth a watch.

 
Image Courtesy of IMDB

No comments:

Post a Comment