Friday, June 17, 2011

Fan of Friday: Week of 6/17/2011

The point of my Friday posts will be to say what made me happy this week.

This week, as meta as it sounds, I love blogging.

I frequent at least half dozen blogs and websites on a daily basis. My morning just hasn't started until I've checked in with my favorites to see if there's anything new posted. I can't really explain why I like blogs so much, but I just do.

However, most of the time when I read my blogs, I think to myself, I could do this. I like to make sporatic ramblings and advice and lists. Over the past couple weeks, every time I have that thought it's followed by, well, why don't you? Why don't you try it and see how good of a blogger you could be.

So far, I'd have to say I suck as a blogger. Honestly, I was wrong, this isn't easy (and I'm only on my third post). I have all these ideas of what I could write about swimming between my ears but I just can't seem to catch any of them. I keep thinking, what do I know? Why do I think anyone will give a hoot about anything I have to say? And how do people post so often? It takes me hours just to cultivate an idea into an actual post.

At the same time, I keep finding myself leaning negative. My random tangential thoughts focus on the less than ideal things in my life right now. If anyone does actually read my blog, I don't want to come across as a completely pessimistic person. I'm not (at least not 100%). My brain lately just seems to stick on these sorts of things.

With all that being said, how has this blog been the thing I love most about this week? Because I can't stop thinking about it. I can't stop taking notes on what I'm doing, the stories and conversations around me, and the things I want to be doing. It's made me much more aware of my life. I've been stuck in a rut and this mind just be the change I need to shake things up a bit.

Hopefully stories of my future adventures will soon follow...

Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment